Renovating a Queenslander Style Home
Watch your head!
The quality of the finished is paramount to showcase your hard work & to attract a future buyer when selling.
Before starting renovations we recommend early planning, create a budget & although the below check list is not exhaustive it will give you a starting point.
- Measure the perimeter of your building & sketch the various rooms within that you intend to create.
- Check the measurement(s) between the intended ground floor level & underside of the floor above, make allowances for the new ceiling frame & sheeting; do you have the height to create the rooms you plan for? The Building Codes requires particular heights for various types of rooms or spaces refer to the acceptable ceiling heights diagram below.
- Engage a qualified Structural Engineer to inspect your home & advice on design & future bracing requirements.
- Engage a competent Pest Management Company to advice on appropriate termite & pest protection systems before renovating.
- Engage a Private Certifier & secure a building approval.